In this guide, we’ll navigate the simple steps of how to hide a sheet in Excel application. Normally when you open an Excel workbook, it shows the number of sheets at the bottom tab. After creating a complete data file, some sheets will contain formulas or some financial figures that you may hide from others.
So, Excel provides a straightforward solution for this—hiding sheets. Whether you’re guarding financial figures or simply streamlining your workbook, concealing a sheet is an essential technique.
How to hide sheets in Excel by mouse right-clicking?
- Select one or more sheets you want to hide.
- Right-click the selected sheets and choose Hide from the context menu as you can see in the image.
How to hide the worksheet using the ribbon bar?
Another way to hide worksheets in the Excel application is by clicking the Hide Sheet command on the ribbon bar.
- Select the sheet you want to hide.
- On the Home tab, in the Cells group, click Format.
- Under Visibility, point to Hide & Unhide, and click Hide Sheet.