In this tutorial, I will explore the step-by-step process of how to insert header and footer in Excel application. Excel empowering you to customize your spreadsheet with relevant details to look more professionally.
Inserting header and footer in Microsoft Excel is a an important and powerful technique for enhancing your printed documents to look more professionally. Header and footer allow you to include essential information, such as page numbers, document titles, dates, and company logos, at the top or bottom of each printed page. This feature is invaluable when you are creating reports, financial statements, or any document that requires to organization.
How to Insert Header and Footer in Excel?
Here are the steps to insert header and footer in Microsoft Excel:
- Open Your Excel Workbook: Start Microsoft Excel application and open the workbook where you want to add header and footer.
- Go to the Insert Tab: Navigate to the “Insert” tab located on the Excel ribbon. This tab contains various options for adding elements to your worksheet.
- Click on Header & Footer: In the “Text” group within the “Insert” tab, you’ll find the “Header & Footer” button. Click on it. A dropdown menu will appear.
- Choose Edit Header or Edit Footer: In the dropdown menu, you can choose either “Edit Header” or “Edit Footer” based on where you want to add your information. Clicking on these options will activate the header or footer area for editing.
- Add Content to Header or Footer: Once in the header or footer area, you can add various elements such as:
- Page Numbers: Click on the “Page Number” button to insert the current page number.
- Number of Pages: Click on the “Number of Pages” button to show the total number of pages.
- Current Date: Click on the “Current Date” button to insert the current date.
- Current Time: Click on the “Current Time” button to insert the current time.
- File Path: Click on the “File Path” button to add the file’s location on your computer.
- Custom Text: Type directly to add custom text, document titles, or any other information you want.
- Format the Header or Footer (Optional): You can format the text, add additional elements, or change the alignment within the header or footer area to customize it further.
- Close the Header & Footer Tab: After adding the necessary content, click outside the header or footer area or navigate to the “Design” tab within the header and footer tools and click “Close Header and Footer.” This action finalizes your changes.
- Preview Your Document (Optional): Click on the “File” tab, select “Print,” and use the print preview to see how your header and footer will appear when printed.
- Save Your Workbook: After adding headers and footers, save your workbook to preserve your changes.
By following the above steps, you can insert header and footer in Excel, allowing you to include important information in your printed documents and enhancing their professionalism and organization.