In this tutorial, I will explore the step-by-step process of how to change text color in Excel application. Changing a text color in Microsoft Excel is an important formatting feature that empowers you to add emphasis, clarity, and visual appearance to your spreadsheets. The ability to modify the color of text enables you to highlight important information, categorize data, or create aesthetically pleasing documents. Excel offers a diverse range of text color options, making it a versatile tool for customizing your worksheet’s appearance and improving its readability.
How to Change Text Color in Excel Application?
Here are the steps how to change text color in Microsoft Excel:
- Open Your Excel Workbook: Launch Microsoft Excel and open the workbook containing the text you want to format.
- Select the Text: Click and drag your mouse to select the text whose color you want to change. Alternatively, you can click on a cell to select its contents.
- Go to the Home Tab: Navigate to the “Home” tab on the Excel ribbon. This tab contains various formatting options.
- Locate the Font Color Button: In the “Home” tab, look for the “Font Color” button within the Font group. The icon typically looks like an “A” with a colored underline.
- Click the Font Color Button: Click on the “Font Color” button to open a color palette.
- Choose a Color: In the color palette, you’ll see a wide range of color options. Select the color you want for your text by clicking on it. As you hover over different colors, you’ll see a live preview of how your text will appear.
- View the Text Color Change: After selecting a color, the text you’ve chosen will immediately change to the selected color. You can see the color change in the selected text.
- Deselect or Continue Formatting: Click outside the selected text or press the Enter key to deselect the text. If you need to make additional formatting changes, you can do so by selecting the text again and using the Font Color button.
- Save Your Workbook: Be sure to save your workbook after making any text color changes to preserve your formatting.