How to Save a Word Document in PDF Document? Lesson: 07
In this lesson, I am going to explain to you how to save a Word document into a PDF document. In this way, the new or editable text file will be saved in a PDF format, and you can share or print it as you like.
We are going to show how to do this with two different methods. When you write a document in Microsoft Word and try to save or convert it into a PDF document (*.pdf). then, here are the steps to learn how to save a Word document in PDF.
How to Save a Word Document in PDF Document?
In this method, you will learn how to save a word document in a PDF document. The first this you have to do is to open a Microsoft Word program. Create a new document or open the existing file already saved on your computer. If you want to convert this document to PDF then follow the below steps:
- Click on the File tab in the upper menu bar, just at the top left. A backstage view window will be opened.
- Select Save or Save as (if the document is already saved on your computer).
- Chose the location where you want to save your document.
- To save your document on your computer, choose This PC, or click the Browse option from the icons.
- Select the location where you want to save your document. The default location is where to save the file in the Document folder. You can change it according to your choice.
- Type the file name that you want to give to your document.
- By default, your document will be saved in Word Document (*.docx) Therefore, click on the arrow key in the “Save as type” box, just below the file name. Choose the file format as PDF (*.pdf) from the below the drop-down list.
- Click the Save
- Your file/document will be saved where you have chosen the location.
In this method, you will learn how to convert a word document to PDF. Because technically what we are going to do is export a Word document as a PDF. Follow the below steps.
- Click on the File tab, in the left column.
- Click on the Export option
- Select the option Create PDF / XPS document in the central left column. Now, once you have selected it,
- Click on the new button Create PDF / XPS which will also appear in the right column.
- The file will be saved as a PDF in the folder you have chosen. Doing so will preserve the layout, formatting, fonts, and images of the Word file you were working on. Once you have saved it in a PDF, you can also transfer it back to Word.
- When you click it, a window will open to save the file. Making sure that the PDF (*.pdf) option is selected in the File Type box that appears below the file name.
- Click on the Publish button that will appear instead of the Save button.
If this article is helpful to you, please share it on the below social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.