In this lesson, we will learn how to link Excel sheet to PowerPoint Presentation? Sometimes, you want to link data from the Excel spreadsheet in a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. There are several ways that are used to do it. Depending on whether or not you want to maintain a connection to the source Excel sheet.
If you are using PowerPoint 2013 or latest version, you can link the data from a saved Excel Spreadsheet to the PowerPoint presentation. If you link an Excel Spreadsheet to a presentation, the destination presentation and the original Excel sheet maintain a connection. When you update the Excel Spreadsheet, these updates automatically reflected in the target presentation.
How to Link Excel Sheet to PowerPoint?
- In PowerPoint, select the Insert tab.
- Click on Object in the Text group.
- In the Insert Object dialog box, select Create from file.
- Click on Browse and, in the Browse box, find the Excel workbook with the data you want to insert and link.
- Check on the Link box
- Click on OK.
Link Excel Data to PowerPoint:
- In Excel, open the saved workbook you want to link its data to the PowerPoint.
- Select the data area you want to establish a link with the PowerPoint and, copy it.
- In PowerPoint, you can click on the slide where you want to paste the copied data section from the Excel spreadsheet.
- Select the Home tab, click the arrow sign below Paste and select Paste Special.
- In the Paste Special box, click Paste Link and then click As, select Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet Object.
- Click Ok
If you want to make changes in the Excel spreadsheet, you may double click on the object sheet. You will be directed to an external lined Excel sheet, where you can make changes. To exercise this practice, you should make a separate folder for the project which contains PowerPoint and Excel files.