How To Insert Table in PowerPoint?
In this lesson, we will learn how to insert a table in PowerPoint presentation? A table is a combination of rows and columns in which you can display data in an orderly manner that appears on your slides. Add a table to a slide, you can create it directly in PowerPoint or copy and paste it from MS Word or Excel.
It is not possible to convert the text of the existing slide into a table. The below methods will use.
How to Insert Table in PowerPoint?
Four simple ways can use to add a table in presentation.
- Create a table in PowerPoint
- Insert Table from Word to PowerPoint
- Insert Excel Table into PowerPoint
- Insert Excel Spreadsheet into PowerPoint
Create a Table in PowerPoint:
- Select the slide to which you want to add a table.
- Click on the Insert tab, click on Table.
- In the Insert Table dialog box, and type a number in the Number of columns and Number of rows lists.
- Click on Ok.
- To add text to table cells, click on a cell, and type the text. Once the text is written, click outside the table.
Insert Table from Word to PowerPoint:
- In Microsoft Word, click on the table you want to copy. Select the table.
- Press Ctrl+C to copy the table.
- Go to the PowerPoint presentation
- Select the slide to which you want to paste the table.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste the table.
Insert Excel Table into PowerPoint:
- To copy a group of cells from an Excel spreadsheet, click on the upper-left cell of the group you want to copy, and then drag to select the desired rows and columns.
- Now copy the selected table area.
- In the PowerPoint presentation, select the slide to which you want to copy the group of cells and then, on then Paste it.
Insert Excel Spreadsheet into PowerPoint:
When you insert an Excel Spreadsheet into the presentation, it becomes an embedded OLE object. If you change the theme colors, fonts, and effects of the presentation, the theme does not update the spreadsheet that you have inserted from Excel, nor can you edit the table using the PowerPoint options.
- Select the slide in which you want to insert an Excel spreadsheet.
- Click on the Insert tab.
- Select Table and then choose Excel Spreadsheet.
- To add text to the cell, click on it, and type the text.
- After writing the text, click outside the table.
To add a row to the end of a table, click inside the last cell of the last row and press the TAB key.
To insert rows or columns, right-click on a cell, click Insert in the toolbar and choose where you want to insert the row or column.
To delete rows or columns, right-click on a cell, click delete on the toolbar and choose what you want to delete.